Friday, August 17, 2012

Boarded Control


So tomorrow I leave for the beach!! My dad used to take us every summer, but for the past few years it’s been more of an off and on kind of thing. I’m not sure why…? At one point his whole side of the family would go, his 2 brothers, and sister, and their families. (Maybe this answers my question). I’ve never seen four people with the same DNA that could be more different. There is still chatter about when one of my uncles decided to cook Mexican food on the 4th of July, (as if one of them haven’t eaten a hamburger or hotdog on Cinco de Mayo). I hadn’t seen so much disapproval in one room until the Casey Anthony trail.

Basically this all means I have to board Fritz, and I think I’m having a mini crisis. He has never been away from me this long, and has never been boarded for longer than 24 hours! I’m not sure if you realize just how spoiled this dog is. He is used to a chew bone and a small cuddle session, while we watch TV, before his eyes roll back in his head. Then once he is out, so is my luck for bed space!

These pictures describe the before and after shots of how he starts, and how he ends up 


The dog turns into dead effing weight! I’d have a better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa than I do of moving him...

I am curious to see what the vet has to say about his actions when I pick him up. Granted, when my parents keep him, they say he was wonderful and is a completely different dog when I’m not around. He must have some sort of Jekyll and Hyde personality. Except, he isn’t mean, he is just wildly uncontainable and has the excitement of an 8 year old on Christmas morning.  Luckily, the place I’m taking him has this thing called “doggie daycare”, (original right?), so I am going to ask for them to let him play during the day. My only concern with this is Fritz loves to be chased and LOVES to jump in mud holes. At the dog park, all the owners are doing everything they can to keep their pups out of the mud. Then here comes Fritz, with a LINE of dogs trucking behind him, and free falling into the mud. Of course everyone out there is looking for the parent of this outrageous, uncontrollable dog; and I’m on the other side of the park pretending to be just as disgusted.
Here’s a picture of the monstrosity:


I really do think Fritz will be safe where he is. It’s one of the top 3 places here. And hopefully, the mixture of sand, sun, and liquor will keep me dazed and confused from worrying about my little guy too much. im really just anticipating my 6'5" brother in law beating me in cranium and jumping from the table singing “big headed mutha fucka up in here”






2 comments:

  1. Where did you board him?? We looked into pet plaza so far. Im nervous about boarding Benny...you know, because of his separation anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. at Kleinpeter. they were great! i called and checked on him and they sent him to the daycare during the day!! and they dealt well with my psycho-ness. they have a completely different part of smaller dogs. i think they would take really good care of ben, but ive heard pet plaza is really good too.

    ReplyDelete