Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!


So undoubtedly, the most depressing thing about a new year is saying goodbye to the holidays. Taking down decorations is as upsetting as realizing you only have time for one drink during happy hour.

I have been totally vacant from the blog world since before Christmas. Not intentionally, of course, but I’ve been participating in the following:

disclaimer: Fritz was really good this year.
I hope everyone’s Christmas was as wonderful as mine.


As for New Year’s Eve…
I have gotten to the point where I believe know, NYE is overrated. You talk it up so much, it just ends up to be a let down, and your stuck kissing the rim of your glass rather than the tall, dark, and handsome you’ve been eying stalking all night.
This night turned out no different, but instead of talking it up so much – I decided to go with the flow. Thus, when downtown resulted in the ghost town you are only prepared to see at Clay Aiken concerts, I wasn’t completely discouraged. It turned into a giant dance party, that in reality could have been held in our hotel room for much cheaper than the $300 dollar bar tab I closed out at, but none the less, dance we did. 
Danced our asses right into the New Year.
Now it’s back to pretending my resolutions are possible, and that twenty13 is, in fact, MY year…

No comments:

Post a Comment