Monday, October 1, 2012

Check Yourself, Before You Wreck Yourself (or your car)...



Bags? Check. Fritz? Check. Phone charger? Check. Air in tires? Uhhhhh……

So, this weekend started out fab. I left work early Friday. Fritz and I were on the way to Vicksburg by 4:00, with the exception of a small wreck, we made great time.
Saturday, all of us went on a walk through the Civil War Military Park. We took the long way, and it’s about 4 miles. Fritz was totally worn out, and the babies loved the fresh air.
PLUS, check out this beautiful view…
My sister made my FAVORITE meal ever, roast and rice and gravy. No one can make it like my grandma could, but this was pretty damn close and I think the picture does it serious, SERIOUS justice…
My mom, sister, and I got to catch up on good gossip – plus, we got to decorate my sister’s living room with her new furniture and rug. Well, I walked through the door, my mom pointed me in the direction of the couch and we moved while she directed. But anyway, you get the picture.
As for Sunday, my mom and I left about 11:30. I’d say at 11:35:12 my car dings, LOW TIRE PRESSURE.
SON OF A BITCH!
I call my mom, (let me insert here, my stepdad owns a tire company, let me also mention, neither me or my mom know how to put air in a tire), she tells me to call Oscar to see what to do. Of course, he says to pull over and put in air in {DUH}. Well, remember how I said the south was NOT going to be dry this weekend, it wasn’t. Here we are out in the steady rain, learning how to put air in a tire. Needless to say, when we FINALLY got home we were given our own private, tire changing, air filling, play-by-play lesson.

Pretty much, moral of the story, take full advantage of what your parents do for a living.
HAPPY OCTOBER!

Linking up with Sami, Leeann, and Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment