Monday, September 24, 2012

Bourbon, on the Rocks...


What is it about Bourbon Street that makes you think you’re invincible?  I don’t know the answer either, but let me know if you come up with a good one….

Just for a quick Friday recap; the only remotely exciting thing that happen was Mal forced me to run to one of our fav boutiques, where I ended up spending A LOT of money. She’ll be sorry when it’s time for the rent check….

This brings me to Saturday. I'm not kidding when I say ANY opportunity Ole Miss students are given to go to New Orleans; they go. Whether it be a football game, a formal, Mardi Gras… I'm not really sure why they just don’t just make Mardi Gras a holiday. There are more students in class during Winter Intersession than there is during Mardi Gras week…  As for formal, Memphis is a mere 50 minutes away from Oxford, but who wants to go a calm ferry boat ride, when you can get wasted and naked at no cost in the NOLA baby?

I'm telling you New Orleans makes you do crazy things; good girls go bad, shy girls go crazy, and frat boys, well they remain frat boys. If you haven’t made the trip {you're crazy}, you must put it on your bucket list. Even if its just a random weekend, not Mardi Gras , or Jazz Fest, etc., there is always a crazy drunk yelling at some hippies on the corner that he is going to “beat their ass for being so lazy.”

Sunday lead to a LONNGGGG ride back to Baton Rouge, it definitely seemed longer than an hour to get home.{an eternity}. I ate some grease, and then took a two hour nap, before I had to pick up Fritz. Then, I found myself as Dick’s for looking for some new Nikes. I got these bad boys for 40 dollars cheaper, because they are youth size. Can’t say I'm complaining for having small feet…

Linking up with Leeann, Dana, and Sami

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!

Fritz may have been replaced :) Only in the NOLA 

No comments:

Post a Comment