Sunday, September 2, 2012

"Prepare for the Worst, Hope for No Secrets"


Well, looks like I got my wish as far as getting a few extra days off work. Issac made his way to my neck of the woods; fortunately, all my friends and family remained safe. The weather really wasn’t terrible, just strong wind and lots of rain. We lucked out compared to the cities around us. My dad however was prepared to take on Katrina, boarding up our front door, and retaining enough gas to launch the next Apollo mission.  We did however have plenty of beer and wine. Nothing like the lights going out, and you getting a little tipsy to help make the time go by faster.


Im not sure if you have experienced a hurricane; this was my first one since Katrina and I felt a little out of the loop. During Katrina, one of my friends got power back fast, a bunch of us slept over there and re-watched One Tree Hill episodes for a week. I was in Oxford during Gustav, which really hit Baton Rouge hard. It left my dads house without power for about 7 days. They had a generator and all of the essentials, but here is where I should mention he was housing an 80-something year old couple, 2 kids under 8, and a another couple going through a divorce no one was aware of. Note to self: what’s going on inside during a hurricane, can be far worse than what’s going on outside. 

This, of course, was Fritz’s first hurricane. He really didn’t seem to phased…



I’m surprised how mellow he was, considering he was inside all day. I guess if I felt like I was going to be blown away while using the bathroom I probably wouldn’t hate taking a breather from it either.

This weekend I am in Vicksburg for my nephew’s first birthday. Hurricane or not, my sister would have had me swim here if I had to...

1 comment:

  1. Your posts make me laugh at loud. Keep them up :-)

    ReplyDelete